The feeling of paint in my fingernails is irreplaceable and I'm glad to have it back.
Lamb shank in gravy with mash, with Jack & Coke, followed by a lil slicearooni [never using that word again..] of chocolate cake and vanilla ice cream. No sentence structure necessary.
I wish I could zap back to Rhody, just for a moment, though there was a slight Rhody-like rain this morning, just passing through, and I was so glad to be here where that is not a practically daily occurrence. But there are about four things back there that I am missing. Approximately four.
I am never as strong as I think I am [physically, duhh], but I am far more capable than I give myself credit for.
Making giant pain au chocolate out of polystyrene [styrofoam]...Something I would never have predicted I'd be doing with my time. I'm proud of it, but I still don't feel like it's done. If only I could spent the night alone at the MacOwan, painting my socks off. I'd be thrilled, really.
I found the musical score to '13' in a Covent Garden musical store today: 'Subsequently produced by Goodspeed Musicals.' I still call that place 'my theatre' and I wonder if I'll ever go back there, ever.
People with BO on the Tube: Make me angry.
People who don't allow people to get off the train before jamming themselves on: Damn foreigners. Also make me angry. [sarcasmistic: though I am more familiar with London than many Londoners, I am too, technically, a foreigner. Alas, labels..]
Urban Outfitters gives me such a giddy feeling. Got four items there the other day for £40. Impressive. In. Love. With that store.
Sampling new tunes, new bands, is something I do at least once a month and it is always, always refreshing. I love remembering Last.fm exists and is helpful.
I saw 'Oliver!' at the Drury Lane Theatre the other day. Absolutely stunning. 1- Made me remember why it has been one of my favourite films/shows since I was but a very wee lass [one of the reasons I have always always loved England] 2- Somehow gave me a new idea for a new novel.
Saw 'Woman in Black' at the Fortune Theatre last night with LAMDA. I was glad to have remembered all the parts she appears so I could usually close my eyes. If nothing else, awesome to be reminded how immediate theatre is and all the amazing things it can do. Great.
So we know and it is said, Cardiff is pretty, 'misty' is the perfect weather to experience it in, the Doctor Who exhibit had me mouth-hanging-open status the whole time at the shock of the incredible costumes and props that were actually the originals from the show. Lovely day, loved the bay, awesome. Recap: Done.
And to recap this as well: There's no way I could go back and recap the whole first week at LAMDA. In summation, I love the atmosphere, the people, the theatre, but mostly the experience. I never thought I could learn so much in a week and enjoy just about every moment. I feel like I could teach a course on stage management now [or, hell, go stage manage a show]. I can tape out [mark up] a floor in the metric system, I can make the cleanest, loveliest prompt copy ever, I can run a prompt desk with cue lights and all, I know at least three ways of dropping a flat, I understand that actors are to be tip-toe'd around, I have been up in the flies of the Olivier at the National Theatre... This experience, so far, has shown me that I really do enjoy stage management and could continue this as a career, but not for my whole life, and that maybe scenic art may be more of a direction for me, at this point in my life. Who knows. There are so many talents I have, and so many passions I have, and theatre itself is an endless world of possibilities.
Well, then, Quite. Also, I saw Freddy Mercury's house today. It is next to the MacOwan. LAMDA merch is coming tomorrow and there had better be hoodies. I am living off Subway again but have branched out a bit from my old 6'' ham on wheat with just lettuce I used to have. Oh, no, sir.
Tomorrow: Practicing scene changes during the day time. On feet all day. Can we go back to propmaking, plz? 'Billy Elliott' at night...better be as good as last fall.
Anxious: About Saturday. Moving out. Heavy bags. Getting to the 'Pool. Probably finding out that the tix got lost in the mail and I can't get into the match. Getting back to the States. Tried to hire Jack to help me to Heathrow, nuttin doin. Where are all the burly men of London hiding?
ENOUGH. This is what happens when I desert the blogosphere for too long. Yipes.

No comments:
Post a Comment