10 August 2009

tonight this city's mine...

I leave London tomorrow afternoon. Yipes.

Srsly, when you live in a place for three months, three weeks then seems like a very short holiday. Even if you've got seven hours of class every day.

Positives: It will be nice to be able to use the iTunes store again...It is driving me crazy that I have about twenty bands I need to buy songs from and with the new terms & conditions, you can't buy from the US iTunes store from outside the US. Shenanigans! I do not understand that rule...at all. I did it all the time last fall and did iTunes fall apart because of it? Nosir.

It will be nice to get sleep. I can't sleep in when I'm here, even when I don't have class becuause I feel the need to be up, out, and experiencing the best place on earth. Plus up late talking to you fools back in the States, what with your five hour laziness. Pfft.

Umm, I will get to do laundry for the first time in three weeks. Not that I had a problem: I leave tomorrow and still have about four pairs of clean underwear to go! [Does that make sense? Pairs of underwear? It doesn't. At all. Because they're not in pairs. Alas, the English language...Or the American language, really].

I don't know what else. I guess I'm excited to see a few select people. Or something. Mostly, my cat.

One thing I will miss is being far, far away from my addiction: Full Throttle Blue Demon. Nonexistent in these parts, people! And I've been much healthier for it. I will miss the healthiness. Walking til my legs feel like they will fall off every single day. Motivation. Good meals. Lots of water. Lots of tea [a LAMDA necessity]. No energy drinks [though pretty much replaced by booze. Meh. Get it while y'can]. Okay, so the chips loaded in salt aren't the healthiest thing, but still probably better than how I eat in the States.

Lots of complaining here. Positives! Well, my day was this: Spent the morning scurrying around Oxford Circus, spent a buttload of poundage at Urban Outfitters and TopShop. Only regret is not getting that £80 red coat at TopShop. It was GORGEOUS and so so warm...Would've been like a dream come fall. But £80 is something that I should probably mathematise out to $150 or so, which = Books. Second to last time I'll have to remind myself of that.

Another reason I should have been born in England: University is three years, only a couple days a week, and they get the same degree as me. HOW IS THAT FAIR?

After that, anywho, faffed about Sainsbury's, picked up some gifties for both myself and others, waited in the longest line ever, was a bit late meeting young Richard at Waterloo. But we had a lovely, drizzly afternoon of me forcing his mind open to modern art. He doesn't 'get' art at all. In one afternoon, I decided to work at making him an artist. Project was probably a failure but it was, nonetheless, entertaining to hear his opinions on sculpture, Picasso, charcoal sketches [which he praised], nudity, Warhol, and especially on my man Lichtenstein. After that, I kept accidentally evading cash machines and we somehow ended up quasi-gambling in an arcade by the Eye.

Tonight, or in about an hour, really, I'm going to see 'War Horse'! It's in the New London Theatre now, over in Covent Garden, and I'm so excited to see it in a different venue, even if I'm in restricted view [all other seats were almost £50...mine was £15.]

Despite my exhaustion and my dread of the coming morning, I hope I inhale everything my city has to offer tonight, and remember every detail for the time to come until I am able to be back again.

How do three weeks pass so quickly.

No comments:

Post a Comment