25 July 2009

...read the last one. it connects to this.

Cryptic? Yeah. Well. I made it, got a bottle of water, still feel kinda poopy. I don't know why but the idea of not having cold bottled water readily to hand gives me untold anxiety. I'm pretty sure, within these last few entries, I have accidentally referenced Butler multiple times. It's the whole being around the British thing - That explains it.

So anyway, get to the point, Self! Today was pretty fantastic. My dehydrated, sore, aching body is proof of that. A lot of wonderful things in this world leave one dehydrated, sore, and aching.

I mean, there was a lot of walking, and a lot of tube riding, and a lot of glistening, and finding places, but cool, nonetheless. I got out later than planned [going to bed at 3am my time, 10pm yours, probably should stop what with the 10am classes starting Monday]...but I had time to go find my new place I'll be moving into tomorrow! Had to walk all the way through the park to get there as the [entire] Victoria Line was down [nothing new there] but it was a lovely stroll and Buckingham Palace was gawgeous...okay, sort of, not really, my foot was searing with pain the whole way and tourists were driving me bonkers. True story.

Worth it when I saw where I'm living: Victoria is fantastic - Positively bustling. Theatres, shops, I live a minute's walk from both TopShop and Billy Elliott. I fear I shall frequent the former more often than I should as it is on the way to the station. So anyway, Victoria Street bustles, but we're just off that main road in our own little neighbourhood, sort of. You know if you reside in a neighbourhood with "Gardens" in the title, it's gonna be lovely stuff - The kind of place with flowers on balconies and probably a roundabout at the end.

Then went to find the MacOwan Theatre where I'll be having class [to time out the trip...frickin District line]. Had a proper 'FML' moment [as the kids are calling them these days...apparently overusing the word 'awkward' is out] on the way, but the theatre made up for it just with its exterior alone! Can't wait to see the guts of the place on Monday.

Hopped back on the train and rode...two more of them...into Greenwich! Perfect day for a Greenwich trip, and I'd read in the London Paper [my glorious reminder of the paper news and its existence] about this show going on there today at the very top of the hill, right by the Meridian Line at the Royal Observatory. Fun fact: You know you've been living a pretty rad life when you stand next to the Meridian Line, shrug, and think 'Been there, done that.' What I hadn't done, though, was seen anything like this show.

Flood Tide it's called. 'Time Out' describes it as such: " 'Flood Tide' is a live musical performance composed by John Eacott, generated from the flow of the Thames. Data collected using a sensor in the river is processed with custom computer software into notation read on computer screens by an ensemble of six musicians.' " I mean, come on, the river Thames was composing music, there was no way I was missing this. It was pretty much amazing.



...guy on the far left hovering over his laptop is the composer. So yeah, that really really cool.

Also in Greenwich: Best brownies in the world at the Greenwich Market [pretty sure we endulged last time too], Shake It! [huge to do of last year when Caitlin, Casey, and I found the place in a newspaper, only dreamed of going, and happened to stumble upon it there] I went again, got a Bounty one and swooned, sunny perfect weather that was just the right temperature - Not too hot! Success. I lied [laid? lay? I had lain?] myself on the grass behind the queen's house, and endulged in some reading while a beautiful couple got married with bagpipes, some boys almost knocked out a small girl during a rowdy game of footy, and ants came far too close to me [it's a new terror of mine].

look, there i am! royal observatory on guard over my left bicep.
[it kind of looks like i'm wearing a mouth guard. bad. ass.]

wedding people being wedd'ded.

and greenwich, keepin it real.

Rest of the day, quick!
-Lots of walking
-Found a copy of both series 1 and 2 of 'Spaced' at Fopp. [if you are unfamiliar, one of the best shows ever, British comedy, wutwut, co-written by and co-starring Simon Pegg and Jessica Stevenson, directed by Edgar Wright, hellz and yeah.] £10, can I throw in another Hellz yeah.
-More walking
-Didn't eat actual food til 8:30pee-emmerz. Not okay. Pizza Express is where it's at. Get me some of that funghi di bosco, plz.
-At this point, I did not go out to the pub with my Finchley boys on account of this is when the searing pain began to explore the remainder of my aching foot, along with much of the rest of my body. Remembering the trek I'll be making with my precious 80lbs altogether cargo in the morning, I proceeded to leave the pub for another night in the very near future.
-And mope in bed, feeling dehydrated, and sobbing to my Blog. Doesn't everybody.

It's friggin late. Almost 2am. And I feel whiney. Bed, okay?

One last thing: How is it that the one song I specifically recall skipping over in the shuffleuffle of my ipod today is now stuck in my head? Madness.

No comments:

Post a Comment